Man dies in his shed

Graham Egan of Kenilworth Road, Rathmines, Ireland was found unresponsive in a shed behind his home on January 23 last year. His partner, Alan Bigley, told Dublin Coroner’s Court that the couple, who were together 11 years, had dinner the previous evening and sat watching TV. Mr Bigley went to bed shortly after midnight. “Graham said he was going out to the shed to chill out. We use it as a discreet playroom,” he said.

Mr Bigley woke at 4.40am to find his partner was not in bed. He went outside to the shed where he found Mr Egan in an unresponsive state, wearing a gas mask and there was evidence of sex toys. Mr Egan was rushed to St James’s Hospital. On arrival he was not breathing and was in cardiac arrest. He was pronounced dead at 5.39am.

Garda Conor Brady said the man had been found in a concrete structure that appeared to be purpose-built for sexual activity. An autopsy found Mr Egan had inhaled gastric contents following a recent meal. “The mask was used to produce a hypoxic state to produce a heightened sexual response, but if anything goes wrong it can be lethal,” said State Pathologist Prof Marie Cassidy.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/man-died-of-asphyxiation-in-shed-used-as-sex-room-35025180.html

Advertisements